Is your menu 100% vegan?
P.S. & Co.™ is 100% vegan (plant-based, dairy free, meat free, egg-free) made from whole foods. We do not source or make fake meat products or processed substitutes.
We avoid highly processed, unhealthful forms of soy and pea protein, known as soy-protein or pea protein isolates. As a result, we do not offer protein powders or popular vegan burgers. These processed products also contain hard to digest gums and binders. These ingredients may be vegan, but in our opinion, not the best for your health.
How are you able to source 100% organic? Seems impossible.
It is not easy. Our goal is to serve the best product to you. Produce changes with mother nature and organics is an even smaller slice of the pie, which is why you may see variations among our ingredients. If we cannot source organically, we will not use a conventional alternative. That menu item may be on hiatus until that particular organic ingredient becomes available again. We will however source from IPM and sustainable farmers who do not certify their ingredients as organic, but have been vetted to follow such farming practices.
We source our organic produce from Baldor Specialty Foods, Zone 7, Summer Wind Farm, Cecil Creek Farm and Lancaster Farm Fresh. Our dry goods are sourced separately from the best vendors we find, which is approximately a list of 20 + vendors. We prepare all of our menu items daily. Fresh food has a short shelf life. As a result, we recommend you consume our to-go items the same or next day at most, otherwise enjoy in our dining space. We add no preservatives or short-cuts to our preparation.
P.S. & Co.™ stands apart from the rest who promise to be "committed to using organic, seasonal, and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible." We want to do better for you. This is why we commit to 100% organic standards. It keeps us accountable, in order to keep our promise to you.
Does P.S. & Co. have any GMO ingredients?
Zero GMOs. Just because a label reads "non-gmo" does NOT mean that product is also organic. Organic is the lack of use of pesticides; non-gmo is referring to genetically modified engineering.
We provide 100% gluten-free options.
It is true our menus is 100% gluten-free. We did use an organic whole wheat for a year when we were unable to source both an organic and gluten-free wrap, but that has all changed! As of November 30, 2018, we found new vendors who can supply us with tortilla wraps that are both organic/non-gmo and gluten-free. Our kitchen is once again celiac safe while maintaining 100% organic standards.
P.S. & Co.™ is certified kosher parve, too?
Through the supervision of IKC - Rabbi Zev Schwarz
, we are certified kosher parve.
Is P.S. & Co.™ safe for nut allergies or any allergies?
We are not safe for those with nut allergies or any type of allergies. We offer a few nut free options, but we use organic, raw nuts freely throughout our kitchen. P.S. & Co.™ is not a nut-free or allergen free environment.
Why do you bottle in glass?
We aim to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible. As long as guests continue to buy glass, we'll continue to bottle as such. We have a 50 cent credit policy for each glass bottle you return, anytime. We are working towards plastic-free and moving away from single-use waste.
Do you deliver?
We do not offer delivery at this time or through courier services.
How about reservations?
We recommend reservations during dinners and weekend brunch as these are popular times! You may book through Open Table or give us a call at 215.985.1706. Please let us know if your reservation is for a special event, if there are any dietary allergies, and if your party will include children!
How can we contact someone at P.S. & Co.™?
For immediate assistance, please call us at 215.985.1706. For all general inquiries and all press inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Will P.S. & Co.™ provide any nutritional information?
Due to the changing nature of our menu, we are unable to create nutritional profiles with each new dish. We just don't have the people power to do so.
We do not believe in counting calories or fat. By eating whole, plant-based ingredients, you'll never have to count another calorie. P.S. & Co.™ has thoughtfully created a menu in which plates and beverages are at a greater ratio of protein, healthy fats and nutrients than complex carbohydrates, sugars, salt and anti-inflammatory oils. We do have ingredient lists of our staple menu items which we can share anytime.
Who designed P.S. & Co.™?
- David Fierabend of Groundswell Design designed the interiors.
Roots Landscape designs our front window area and the secret garden annually.
- Joe Malseed of Philadelphia Woodcraft Company handmade our tables from reclaimed wood.
Ian Chapin created our Hobart mixing bowl lamps and milk bottle chandeliers.
- Our shelves and marble counter tops are all made from reclaimed joists from Philadelphia scrap yards.
- The red-ish wood floors are original to the 100+ year old building.
How is P.S. & Co.™ making efforts towards sustainability?
- We pay American Power and Gas for wind power as our source of electricity.
- We are moving away from plastic packaging and plan to have zero plastic to-go packaging or disposable coffee cups by 2019. Our packaging will be non-coated paper packaging. We'll also start a rewards program for those who bring their own reusable packaging for take-out orders.
- We provide and source our paper straws from Aardvark. We still have plastic straws for those with disabilities.
- We compost our food scraps with Circle Compost. The majority of our waste is composted or recycled.
- We source our 100% organic vegetables and fruit from local farms through Zone 7 and Lancaster Farm Fresh. If unavailable locally, we source our organic produce from Baldor Specialty Foods.
- We're always eager to reduce waste and reuse. If you have any suggestions, we are looking forward to learning more.